Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Time flies when your having fun :-)

The old saying is true!  Stephen has been on Holiday Schedule since Christmas Eve, which basically means he is home a LOT!  B and I are loving having him here so much.  We haven't really gotten out of the apartment much at all, but it has been so nice to relax and play. 

I am sorry about the lack of posting...The week of Christmas, the hard drive on my laptop went out.  Fortunately, one of Stephen's friends had a spare hard drive that fit my computer.  Unfortunately, it was in Korean! It took nearly a week after the new hard drive was installed to get everything updated and in ENGLISH.  But the good news is, it is now back up and running!

Christmas was different this year.  We are both so accustomed to spending it with our family back home, but this year was just the three of us (and some good friends!).  I am not going to lie, it was kind of nice not having to run around to a ton of different houses.  We were able to watch Braden open his gifts from Santa and relax some.  We were also able to Skype with my parents and brother (and the dogs, of course) which was wonderful and we talked to Stephen's parents and sister for a little bit as well.  Don't get me wrong, I missed everyone so much! But we did enjoy this Christmas as well. 

Christmas Eve I cooked dinner (Italian!!) and we had another family over as well as a couple of guys that live in the barracks.  We ended up with six adults and three kids here.  I think everyone really enjoyed it.  Then on Christmas Day, after Braden opened his presents and we made cinnamon rolls, we headed over to their house for Christmas dinner and the kids played some more. 

I don't have any of the videos uploaded to the computer yet, but here are some pictures from Christmas morning.  This year was definitely a lot more fun watching Braden.  Last year, he was only nine months old so he didn't really "get" the whole opening present thing but this year...yeah, he loved it!

The first thing that he opened was from Aunt Debbie, had I thought about it, he would not have opened it first!  He LOVED it and did not want to put it down and open anything else.  So, bribes were made and the festivities continued!


Checking to make sure it is still there :-)


He even had to help Daddy open his gift.


Deep concentration...



Simba!!!


Towards the end, we had to do a little coaxing to get things moving along.  I tore open the end of the gift and put it down for him.  I have no idea HOW he knew, but he immediately said "DOG!"



and it was :-)




Finally dressed and getting ready to head to Christmas Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment